To help with the screening process, we recommend that you keep the following things in mind:
- Please be prepared to show your boarding or e-ticket to security personnel. You may be asked at several points prior to boarding the plane to present this.
- Have all electronic devices (cameras, laptops, tablets, cell phones, etc…) out of their carrying cases and placed within a plastic bin.
- Be prepared to place all carry-on items in the plastic bins provided.
- All loose and metal objects, including coins and keys, should be placed in a plastic bin.
- Be sure to inform the screening personnel of any personal needs you may have due to medical conditions, disability, religious or cultural consideration, or other special needs.
- When you are advised to do so, pass through the metal detector archway. The screening officer will signal whether or not you are clear to retrieve your belongings or if you must go through again.
- In some cases, you may be selected for an additional physical search, which can be done in a private search area, if you choose.
- Be sure to take all of your belongings with you when leaving the screening area.